Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lifestyle Shoot | MONTCLAIR NJ

Yes, yes I know it has been a while - and MUCH has been happening here. I've been meaning to share this post and finally I have a few minutes.

Gary and Buddhika contacted me about doing a lifestyle shoot, just them - husband and wife. In talking with Buddhika, she asked for some suggestions of places to shoot in North Jersey. The first word that popped into mind was...MONTCLAIR. I know the area well and immediately thought of the rediculously awesome parking deck on Bloomfield Ave, Brookdale Park and just the downtown area itself. A quick side note, try Villa Victoria Pizza right on the corner of Bloomfied and Park - chicken parm pizza is unreal.

Anyway, I wanted to do something cool here...in this cool town. I suggested to Gary and Buddhika that they bring something fancy for one of their looks because the contrast would be awesome on the parking deck.

They arrived and we shot for at least 3 hours, pretty much until I ran out of light and we were all forced to  go home.

I just want to go on record saying that this was one of the best all around shoots I've done. And, I don't mean by the outcome of the images. Yes, I liked how they came out, however, the shoot was just pure FUN the entire time. People usually start out stiff then loosen up once we get going. I think Gary and Buddhika were stiff for maybe one click of the shutter. They came alive so quick in front of the camera and I was so happy they were having so much fun. Great energy = great results.

Here are some shots...

Goodfellas all over again

Beautiful

This shot...and the next are definitely 2 of my favorite.


Smokeshow

Legit

Need to know how to tell someone not to mess with you without even saying anything - refer to this image

"Yes, my husband told you not to mess with us"

Now you're just being cocky

Caught ya!

Love the contrast here, the black dress makes the image
Brookdale Park

Love the suit

Even though the stairwell smelled to the high heavens, this was too good to pass up. Pretty sure Gary is holding his breath here

Reminds me of an old movie


Same here....

Park St in Montclair


Brookdale Park has several trees with couples names carved into them, pretty cool. However, the more I look at this image I can't help but think he's stabbing, not carving haha - just kidding, Gar!



Ever try to balance on a 4ft stone wall that's only a foot wide with one eye closed and the other eye looking through the viewfinder? DON'T








Coffee after several hours of shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment